Friday, April 26, 2013

Finally, a chandelier and a big change...

So, after 8 months, I have finally found my chandelier.  Better yet, it was affordable!  Cheap, actually, for an antique chandelier.  In a nutshell?  $125 from Ebay, arrived broken, received full refund through the Post Office, took it to my lamp-repair guru, he repaired it beautifully (found out it was actually a 6-arm, not the 5-arm it was advertised - yeah for me!), paid him $145, and brought my chandelier home.  And it only took 6 months... Of course, after all that, it's still sitting in a box in the basement waiting to be hung:(  Why? Because we're moving!  Yes, after just 10 months in this house, we're moving.  Yes, we are bordering on insanity.   Yes, after 6 years of trying to make two new construction ranch homes look country-French-cottagey, my husband has given up indulged me and bought a fabulous (well, I think so and that's all that really matters, right?) 113 year old house.  Okay, it's actually a foreclosure in a complete state of disrepair - on the outside anyway, in a small town 25 miles from where we live now with a yard no bigger than a dorm room postage stamp, but hey I got my old house!  Still haven't sold the ranch house.  Hoping a divorce is not to follow.....


No comments:

Post a Comment