Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Part 2: Half bath redo

My first floor full bath converted to a half bath is almost done!  For a reminder of how it looked when we purchased the house, go here.
It's a small bathroom, so here's my best attempt at getting "after" pictures.


We bought the home as a foreclosure and the mirror was left hanging in the front foyer.  It was a shabby-sad gold-ish color which I repainted in the same color as the board and batten (Benjamin Moore Navajo White).  The brackets holding the shelf are from the local hardware store ($8 each - originally black, which I repainted in the same Navajo White) and I had the glass shelf made at the local paint and glass store  (also $8).
 

The pedestal sink, toilet and tile floor are from the previous owners.  I had a new faucet ($100 from Home Depot) and toilet level ($14 from Home Depot) put on to replace the 1980's gold ones that were on them! 


The hand towels and rolls of toilet paper are in the shelf basket.  The table is one I purchased many years ago in Upstate New York.


I LOVE this wallpaper!!  I wish I had a better camera -- the background looks light blue, but is actually a beautiful robin's egg blue color.  SOOO pretty! The board and batten was something I saw on a blog (I can't remember which one) a few years ago.  After removing the subway tiles from this bath, I knew this treatment would be the perfect replacement.  It was the first time my contractor had ever tried anything like it.  He loved it when he was finished.  I'm pretty sure he'll be offering it to other clients.  You are welcome!




The chandelier is from Lowe's.  Unfortunately, by the time I was ready to purchase, they no longer carried it:)  Gotta love Ebay!  Found it for less than the original price. Whew!


Just waiting for the Dash and Albert Sienna Rose throw rug.  It took me 2 months to decide on one.  I scoured antique stores, Etsy,  Ebay,  and a large number of Internet stores.  THIS is the one.  Finally. It's a Christmas gift from my mom.  And it's on back order....



I originally plamned to do this with all my antique hand-towels (beats leaving them in a drawer to rot!); however, after I fell in love with the wallpaper, I worry it may be too much...  Time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment